The Lazy Daisy embroidery stitch is included in many Stitched Stories embroidery kits–in a variety of ways.
Take a look at the how-to for this stitch and 8 different lazy daisy renderings.
Here’s a diagram and the instructions for creating it that we include in all of our embroidery pattern and kit guides.
- Bring needle and thread up at 1.
- Insert back at same spot and up at 2.
- As you do this, loop working thread under the needle at 2.
- Pull the thread all the way through and create a snug loop under the working thread.
- Insert needle back down very near 2 to secure.
1. Flower Petals made with lazy daisies
In Garden Party, flowers surrounding the picnic table are stitched with lazy daisies. Clusters of upright lazy daisy stitches form purple lupins. The coral-colored flowers are made with four upside-down lazy daisy stitches. CLICK for the whole design.
2. Leaves made with lazy daisies
Leafy boughs sit atop a Cuckoo Clock. Each of those leaves is a lazy daisy stitch. (And can you spy more uses? There are the red half-blossoms below the eaves and the turquoise horizontal border just under the bird.) CLICK for the whole design.
3. Tree Branches made with lazy daisies
4. Rays in a Burst made with lazy daisy stitches
5. Embellishment with lazy daisy stitches
6. Little Hearts made with lazy daisy stitches
7. Freeform Fill with lazy daisy stitches
8. Repeating Pattern with lazy daisy stitches
One more design with lots of lazy daisies
Find all the lazy daisy stitches in Rolling Hills:
- the orange row of three-petal ornaments on the fountain
- the hill section filled with green bushes
- the scattering of red hearts at top left
- in the treetop below the hearts are five 3-petal ornaments circling around the central rays
- in the treetop below the fountain, green lazy daisy rays go around the circle
- in the greenhouse doorway, there are three tall flowers with lazy-daisy leaves and lazy-daisy blossoms
Ready for a new project? Click here to choose the story you want to stitch.
Stitch your FALL story now...
Want to showcase your love for all things autumn? Our seasonal embroidery kits have got you covered!